According to a survey of more then 26,000 moms
, the above graphic shows some of the secrets moms admitted to. Apparently the point of the survey was to show mothers that we're all in this together, and we're never alone when it comes to motherhood. The survey was conducted by Today.com and Parenting.com and had responses like:
- 44 percent of moms would rather be 15 pounds thinner than add 15 points to their child’s IQ.
- One in four fears their partner is a better parent than they are.
- One in ten wishes their child was the opposite sex – and of those moms, 60 percent have boys.
- Nearly one in five moms admits medicating their child to get through a special event like a plane flight; one in 12 does it just to get some peace and quiet on a regular night.
- Half have knowingly sent a sick kid to daycare or school.
- 85 percent use their kids to get out of social obligations.
- Nearly one in three uses work as an excuse to avoid taking care of the kids.
So in light of the survey and responses, what's YOUR mom secret?
Is is something you'd willing share with the world, or is it something darker?