Saturday, 09 April 2011
Teens say they are embarrassed by their parents so here is how I embarass my teen daughter without even trying:
- I sing around the house.
- I am a pro on Guitar Hero AND Band Hero!
- I have knee length black boots which she aptly named (out of love I may add), my hooker boots!
- I have a pull on black hat that I wear in all bad weather.
- I play Star Wars, Call of Duty and loads more on the X box and can finish them all with ease!
- My choice of music: rock and indie music.
- I will be the first up at Karaoke.
- I am the only parent out of her friends parents who still can't drive! (Sorry Lindz, I'm working on it! :D)
- I would gladly wear Doc Martins again if I could get away with it!
- I would gladly wear ripped jeans again if I could get away with it.
- I always ask if she is dating anyone.
- I am the first on things at the carnival. (We are off to the carnival on Friday for her birthday, I'm going by myself, if she wont.)
- I am just like a big kid at heart.
But do you know what, I may embarrass her but we always have a laugh and i'm just like one of her pals at the end of the day but I will always be Mum.
Do your kids tell you that you embarrass them? What do you do that they find so embarrassing?