Sunday, 17 October 2010
If it is a peanut butter crunch treat covered in chocolate, I don't care if it is in the shape of an eyeball, I'll eat it! Here's a fun little eyeball recipe to add to you Halloween collection. The best part is you can make two eyeball versions with one recipe.
Eyeball Recipe yield: 14 monster eyeballs
- 3/4 Cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy is way too sticky to roll into balls, trust me)
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup Reeses Peanut Butter Puff Cereal, crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used half white and half semi sweet because I wanted to make both versions)
- 1 teaspoon Crisco
1 small bag M&M’s (I used the pretzel ones because that's what I had)
- Red gel frosting for white eyeballs and green frosting for brown eyeballs
1. Place peanut butter, powdered sugar and crushed cereal into a large bowl. Mix until dough forms. Take 1 Tablespoon pieces and roll into balls. Freeze for 15 minutes.
2. Melt chocolate and crisco in microwave on 50 percent power stirring often. Drop the balls into the chocolate and move around with a spoon until covered. Remove them with the spoon letting the excess drip off. Place on wax paper and place M&M in center. Allow chocolate to harden and add squiggles of red gel frosting. Serve chilled.
2. Melt chocolate and crisco in microwave on 50 percent power stirring often. Using two toothpicks about 1/3 inch apart dip peanut butter balls into chocolate leaving top centers open. Place on wax paper and let chocolate harden, then place M&M in center of opening to cover toothpick holes and form the eye. Add eyelashes with green frosting. Serve chilled.
Toddler twist: Let your little one crush the cereal using a toy hammer. Thanks to Tauni for this great idea of how to make cooking more boy friendly!
Post from A Little Tipsy