Here is my supply list for the 2010-11 school year.
- 2nd backpack (to be used if the first one breaks)
- 1 package (12 or 18 count) Crayola twistables colored pencils
- 4 plastic pocket folders (horizontal pockets)
- White eraser
- 8 college-ruled spiral notebooks
- 1 or 2 packs mechanical pencils
- Emergency pack
- Pencil pouch
- Hand sanitizer
- 2 or 3 packs wide ruled notebook paper
- Reusable plastic bowl, cup, fork, knife, spoon
- Helmet (required for bike riding)
- Stickers for planner
Here is what I've bought so far and the price for each item:
- Backpack ($14.22)
- Reusable plastic bowl and cup ($4.91)
- Planner ($10.92)
- Helmet ($10.94)
- First aid kit to go in emergency pack ($1.96)
- Stickers ($2.17)
Total price tag so far: $45.12
I'm hoping to get everything for $120 or under. Shouldn't be too hard. The back-to-school sales will start to kick in after July 4, and I will go get the rest of the supplies on this list. Then I'll give an update on the actual cost of my supplies.
What about you? How much do you usually spend on school supplies (students or parents shopping for their kids)? What's your budget for this coming school year? Do you buy your supplies at a certain time?