I've recently come to the conclusion that going through pregnancy in some ways is a little like going through puberty all over again.
Puberty hits everyone at a little different time and certain things start to change earlier in others and some later. Not only that but puberty is a little different for everyone in terms of what actually physically happens.
Pregnancy, in my opinion seems to be very comparable to puberty
in that. Granted there are always some congruities among all pregnancy, but, for example, not everyone gets morning sickness, not everyone gets stretch marks, not everyone gets acne, not everyone experiences constipation, not everyone gains excess weight etc.
However in my brief experience in pregnancy (16 weeks) these are the main areas I see that puberty and pregnancy have in common.
Guys some of this may be TMI...so read on at your discretion.
- Acne along my chin line, my least favorite part of this pregnancy gig
- Darkening of the hair (specifically on my tummy near my bellybutton)
- Mood swings (Kevin has dealt very well with this)
- A propensity towards oversensitivity...leading to tears
- Sore breasts due to growth
- The ability to sleep for hours on end and still be tired
- A heightened sense of smell
- Changing vaginal discharge
- Water retention in my abdomen and lower back.
If you've been pregnant before did you notice any similarities between puberty and pregnancy at all?