Tuesday, 15 July 2008
by Mama FoxI love cleaning. I turn on music, get in the zone and boogie my way to a clean house. I really really love a clean house.
Mondays are my cleaning days. It's my chance to recover from the laziness of the weekend since I don't do any unnecessary cleaning during our "family time." Monday morning it usually looks like a tornado (or three ) has blown through our home. So I pull out my cleaning tools and get to work.
My "tool box":
- Vinegar. I buy it by the gallon.
- Baking Soda. Also bought in bulk. You can find the big boxes in the laundry detergent aisle.
- Cloth dish towels. (Don't even start on the "paper towels are more sanitary" debate.)
- Lavender essential oil. To keep things smelling nice. Many uses as well as being an antiseptic.
- Non toxic dish soap and dish washer detergent.
- Dyson vacuum.
- Mop and non toxic solution. I'm thinking of getting the omop.
- Send children outside to make their mess.
The best motivator to clean? Invite people over. Haha! That's what I did today. I emailed a friend this morning to see if her and her daughter would like to come over and the kids could splash around in the new pool. She said she would call me after nap time. So I got to work cleaning up, extra duty visitor style. Although plans fell through, my house is still clean. She'll probably be here tomorrow so that's my motivation to keep things looking nice.
I keep my house clean for myself and my family. I know I don't like sitting around in a mess and I'm sure my husband appreciates coming home and seeing everything neat and tidy. I keep things organized so we're not searching for things we need or buying multiple items because one got lost. Things don't get broken (often) and everything has its place.
Any cleaning tips you would like to share?